Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Week 3 Workouts

So far week 3 is going well! I did one of my 3 mile runs yesterday, and (as advised in a comment) I made it an interval run. When I trained for one of my half marathons, I was really good about doing speed workouts and tempo runs, and I definitely felt the improvement in my running. I'm going to try to do as much of that as I can during this training program too. I ran just under 3 miles in some freezing cold weather, but I felt strong, so it was great!

Today I decided to do some cross training instead of running because I needed a bit of a rest. I did a total body weighted workout in my living room while I watched Dr. Oz. Much more of what I was in the mood for! I'll get some running in tomorrow!

Also trying to get my food back on track... that's going pretty well! I had to rough it a bit the other day before I made it to the grocery store, which meant random leftovers, but now all is well!

I can't believe week 3 is almost over! The mileage is going to get long and serious really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment