Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bean Salad Recipe

I don't know about you, but I get seriously sick of eating lettuce and regular salads. I don't know what it is, but they just get boring and unsatisfying. I've taken to making salads that don't include lettuce so I still eat well, but I can avoid the lettuce boredom. Here's something I made this week that was inspired by a restaurant called Nepenthe in California. I've made something like this before, but I ate at Nepenthe recently and had their version, so I was feeling inspired.

Bean Salad
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 yellow pepper
1 red onion
2 T chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
3 T sugar
salt and pepper to taste

I put this into myfooddiary.com and it gave this for nutrition information if you consider the full recipe to be 8 servings. In the future, I may use a lite Italian dressing or even reduce the sugar or oil. This was pretty similar to a recipe I saw for the Nepenthe bean salad, so I decided to try it with the sugar.


Nutrition Facts
Homemade
Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories273
Total Fat14.5g
Saturated Fat1.9g
Trans Fat0g
Cholesterol0mg
Sodium383mg
Carbohydrate30.3g
Dietary Fiber5.8g
Sugars5.9g
Protein6.6g
Vitamin A 8%Vitamin C 86%
Calcium 5%Iron 11%

No comments:

Post a Comment