Tuesday, November 24, 2009

End of Challenge and Beginning of the Next One!

Only a couple days left in this challenge. I'll give myself a B+ for this one. I did well for the most part, but I skipped two days of workouts! I got back on track yesterday though. I did a 22 minute high intensity circuit in my living room before school. It went something like this:

  • 5 min warmup using marching in place, jogging in place, jumping jacks, and other P90X/Insanity warmup moves
  • pushups to exhaustion
  • 1 min of high intensity cardio like Heismans, 1-2-3 Heismans, jump squats, Mary Katherine lunges
  • bicep curls to exhaustion
  • 1 min of high intensity cardio
  • bent over rows to exhaustion
  • 1 min of high intensity cardio
  • tricep pushups to exhaustion
  • 1 min of high intensity cardio
  • overhead shoulder press to exhaustion
  • 1 min of high intensity cardio
  • bicycle abs to exhaustion
  • 1 min of high intensity cardio
  • cool down and stretch!
It works well for me when I squeeze those workouts in. I burned around 300 calories and I save a lot of time. I walked to school and back then, and that totals around 500-600 calories too. All in all a good day!

Today I promised myself I would get out of bed to go jogging. I am planning to do a half marathon in May, and I need to start my base building now. I did it! Woo hoo! It was hard to motivate because it was raining, but I did it! I was out there for 35 min and burned around 585 calories. Excellent!

Now on to my next challenge... I have done okay this fall by losing ~8 pounds of the weight I gained while I was traveling for work this summer. I really only have about 2 left, but I was trying to lose weight before. I'm really at a point where I'd like to lose 20 pounds, so my challenge for the rest of the year (ie the month of December) is to lose 5 pounds. That would bring me down to 157. Then I'll make myself a new challenge come January so I have defined, quantifiable goals.

Have a wonderfully healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment