Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tempo Run and My Current Food Obsession

Today was a tempo run, which is basically a warmup, a slightly faster than usual run of 3 miles, and then a cool down. It went well! I felt super strong, and I can really tell the running program is working. AND, I burned 822 calories! Not too shabby! Combined with my hilly walk to and from school, and I burned some killer cals today.

As for food, I am currently obsessed with pico de gallo. I am sure most of you have heard of it, but if not, it's basically a fresh, chunky salsa. It's got tomato, onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, and some garlic or green onion as well... depends on who makes it. We have this awesome Mexican grocer in Pittsburgh so I picked some up there. Yesterday, I mixed it in with some hummus (my favorite brand is Sabra... you have to try it!) and dipped carrots in it. Today I topped an avocado with some pico and ate it with whole grain pita chips. It seriously makes everything taste better! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment