Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sluggish runs

So today was one of those days where you just want to stay in bed and sleep. It's only Tuesday, but I've already had a busy week at school and it doesn't look like it's going to let up till Thursday night. I reluctantly rolled out of bed at 7 and checked on the weather. Sub-freezing... awesome. Tired, freezing run! Luckily my friend was planning to run with me (still working on convincing her to run the whole race!), so I had no excuse. If I gave up, she would have to go alone! Also luckily for us, it was a slow 3 miler. Phew! I managed to get in 3.25 miles in just about the pace I was supposed to... 10:49 instead of 11:04. Gotta keep working on my pacing!

The rest of the day is bound to be exhausting and chaotic... non-stop class and meetings until 9:30 PM. I caved and had some free pizza for lunch, but I also burned 688 calories in my workout, so I think I'll be fine. I packed up plenty of snacks and a sandwich, so that will be my food for the rest of the day.

Happy Tuesday all! Keep it healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment