Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rest Day!

Ahhh, the beloved (or dreaded depending on who you are) rest day! I'm loving it! It's been a busy week already with tons of work, and I just need a break. A break from pressure, a break from stress, and a break from working out! I definitely still have work to do, but I'm thinking about it in a different way. I'll do it. It'll get done. End of story, no pressure.... just do it! The last two days I've felt pressure to get in my workouts, and I did, but as I mentioned I just felt sluggish yesterday. So that's why I've decided that today I will rest!

So many workout fiends hate the dreaded rest day. Why? Because you aren't burning any calories that day? Because you have to eat less if you want to lose weight? Because rest is for the weak??? Who cares??? I know that might sound crass, but really... what is one day? It's a day to unwind, relax, and let your body (and mind) recover. You need it! So do it! If you don't, you'll break down later from going too hard, trying to do too much. Not good! So, please, give yourself a break! Take a rest!

I am, and I couldn't be happier...

No comments:

Post a Comment