Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekend Update

I was home for the weekend celebrating Easter with my family, so I took a little hiatus from the blog. I did not, however, take a hiatus from my health. :) On Friday, I did not workout because I was driving 5 hours to get to my parents' house. On Saturday, I got in a long run of 13 miles in (what to me felt like) serious heat. It was challenging! I burned 3000 calories though! I sweat so much that I actually had salt crystals forming on the edges of my face. EWWW! The cool part about the run was that my dad came with me and did some jogging of his own. Love working out with family! I saw lots of families working out together at the park too, and that just made me so happy! I was so happy to see parents and children out enjoying the beautiful weather with each other while they exercised!

Food went really well, especially for a holiday! My family has been eating healthier this year, and so we had quite a healthy weekend for food! On Friday night, we had arctic char with roasted brussels sprouts, asparagus, and couscous. On Saturday, we did an Easter dinner which was a bit more than usual. The good thing is that we skipped the dinner rolls and we had baked potatoes instead of mashed. Yum! All in all, food was great and I'm super proud of my family for their healthy eating and working out. My mom and sister are both really into yoga now, which is great!

This week is the last heavy workout week before the marathon for me. I run 20 miles on Saturday... Eeek! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment