Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Midweek Run

Oh boy, another week is almost gone! I got up around 7 today to do a midweek run with a friend. It was supposed to be 5 miles plus a warmup and cooldown. I ended up getting in 5.5 miles with some stretching at the end. Not going to lie, I could've definitely pushed it harder. I'm stressed with life in general right now though, and on an emotional level, I more so needed the hour of chatting with my friend that I got in over the run. Much better for the soul!

Thanks for all the nice comments recently! I'm happy that my experiences are helpful to people out there. I've always been a big workout fiend, but I don't think that until now I've ever really had my act together when it comes to my health. I don't know if it was that I didn't think it was possible for me to be thinner, so why try or what. I'm sure there was some level of fear of failure and self doubt that crept in there! I would say though that over the last year, I've really come to the realization that I have to make decisions in my life that make me a happier, better person. That includes all kinds of decisions, especially the decisions I make about my health. Since I've realized that, I have been much better about doing things that work for me in all aspects of my life: eating, sleeping, working out, relaxing... finally, it's all coming together! Let's just hope I can keep it up! The best part about it is that I no longer care how much I weigh or what size clothing I wear. My body is what it is, and as long as I take care of myself, then I am exactly the way I should be. That attitude has allowed me to lose 15 pounds! WHOA!

Good luck on your health journey! Make sure to take some time for yourself today!

No comments:

Post a Comment