Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Push It!

Today's run was a fairly long interval workout, and I definitely had to "Push It!" In fact, as I was doing the fast parts of the intervals, I literally was repeating the words in my head over and over to keep me moving. The run went like this:

1. Slow jog over to the track at school, which is about a half mile away
2. 1 mile at ~8:45 min/mile pace
3. 1/2 mile recovery walk/jog
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for a total of 4 intervals
5. Slow jog home

All in all, it was 7 miles. Phew! I burned 1327 calories, so I've had some eating to do to make up for it! The faster portions felt pretty good! That is way faster than I usually run, and I think it's mostly because I think I'm supposed to be slower than that. By repeating my mantra "Push It" during the tough parts, I was able to make it through those intervals really well. Love it! The somewhat strange part of the run is that during the whole thing, there was a guy playing bagpipes up the stairs from the track while his friend (who was wearing a business suit) watched. This was all on my university campus around 10 in the morning. Huh.

In other news, I had an awesome self esteem boost at the mall! I'm in a fashion show at a brunch this weekend (long story, not really that interesting either), and I had to go to Anthropologie for a fitting. I'm 5'8.5" so she decided I would look good in a one piece jumper thing. Of course, I never, ever try on jumpers because I think my hips would look HUGE in them. I decided to be open though, and I tried it on and LOVED IT! So, I am now the proud owner of a romper... it was awesome! I think that is a huge step in body awareness for me. So yay!

Hope you all have a wonderful, healthy day! Make sure to take time for yourself! You and your health deserve it!

PS - Here's the link to my new outfit:

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=023067&navAction=jump&search=true&parentid=SEARCH_RESULTS

No comments:

Post a Comment