Sunday, September 5, 2010

I love fall weather!!!

I just got back from the most beautiful run ever! Well, maybe not ever, but it was great! I was on vacation at the beach for the last week, and I was admittedly a slacker. I are CRAP and I only went running twice. I guess I should be slightly happy that I at least ran twice. I did my long run last Sunday (8 miles) and I did a quick 2.5 miler as well. The weather at the beach was ridiculously hot. It was in the high 90s and humid all week. Not fun (for running)! I lounged around the beach (with my sunscreen on) and read some books. It was really, really relaxing and great fun!

Today's run was back in beautiful New England. I'm quite excited to see what a New England fall is like although we didn't get much weather so I have a sneaking suspicion it won't be as beautiful as other years. I did a loop around town that was really quite hilly, but I felt strong despite my laziness over the past week. Phew! I did a total of 4.1 miles at 40 minutes, which is a decent pace given the hills (and me being a slacker).

In other news, I'm getting my metabolism tested at the gym this week so I can see what my BMR is. Being the nerd I am, this is greatly exciting for me! Other than that, I'll be doing my long run tomorrow (9 miles). I have no clue what is on the schedule for the week, but I like that! I've been very busy and planned for the last 2 months, and I'm ready to relax and go with the flow.

Happy Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment