Saturday, August 21, 2010

Training Updates

Last week was my rest week, which worked out well. I needed it! This week, my schedule included 3 runs:

2 mile jog
Intervals with 1 mile at 7.2 mph (8:19 min per mile) followed by a half mile jog; repeated a total of 3 times so I hit 6 miles with warmup and cooldown
8 mile long run

I'll be doing that 8 miler this morning! All in all, training is going well. I've been running fairly high mileage throughout since I chose a "moderate" training plans (versus easy). I'll be intrigued to see what happens on race day! My average pace has definitely picked up to something more like a 9 minute mile. Last week, I went out for a run without any type of pacing tool (i.e. my phone or watch), and I ran 3.5 miles in 30 minutes. It didn't even feel like I was going that fast! Now I just have to make my way through the entire 13.1 miles at a quicker pace... not even as fast as that 3.5 mile run!

I plan to raise some money for charity with this race as well. When I have more details, I'll post them here. A friend of the family has a 9 year old son who just received a double lung transplant. His insurance covered a lot of the medical bills, but they still have $75,000 to pay. I have to work out the details of a donation site, and then I'll be all set to start receiving donations.

Hope everyone is doing well in their health journeys, whatever that means to you! Take some time for yourself this weekend... you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment