Monday, May 30, 2011

Round 2 Insanity: Week 2, Day 1

Today was Cardio Power and Resistance, and it went very well! I've noticed that this round of insanity is easier for me. That doesn't mean it's easy... but it's EASIER than the last time. I think that's because of the cardio improvements I made over the year with my running. I've been pushing much more on my runs and it's showing in other areas. I can actually do those ridiculous tuck jump things landing *softly* on the ground. Thank God I live on the ground floor! My neighbors would not be happy with me!

I'm going to make myself some healthy tacos for dinner tonight. I have lean beef and some taco seasoning to make the filling. Avocados are great right now, so I got one of those, a lime, tomato, red onion, and cilantro so I can make guacamole. Add a little salsa and a whole wheat tortilla, and you're all set.

There are some other great seasonal items at the store right now: strawberries, blueberries (not yet from NJ, but still good!), asparagus... I'm loving it! Pretty soon there will be an abundance of tomatoes and cucumbers so I can make a nice tomato-cucumber salad. I like to take those two together, add some light balsamic vinaigrette, some fresh chopped basil, and maybe some red onion. Hooray for summer!

Also, checked in on my weight today, and I'm getting closer! I am two pounds away from the hitting the 140s. Holler!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend! Be healthy and safe! And say a little prayer of thanks to all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for us... today is about them. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment