Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Year in Review and a Look Ahead

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a safe, happy, and fulfilling holiday season! I spent time with my family of course, and I also got to see some of my closest friends. I couldn't ask for anything more. Now it is 2011, and I couldn't be more excited for it! I thought I'd take some time to reflect on the positives of 2010 as I look to the future. A lot has happened in a year, and I think it's motivating to look back and recognize where I've been. It helps me to move forward! So...

In 2010, I ran my second marathon. It wasn't my best marathon, but I finished and it is definitely the kicking off point of my renewed love of running. I ran my fifth half marathon, and I made my goal of under 2 hours. I ran a 5K in December and hit my PR of 24:51 and I placed second in my division. I improved my average mile pace during a typical 3 mile run from ~10 minutes per mile to 8 minutes per mile (or less). I returned to the gym and focused on weight lifting... forgot how much I love that!

In 2011, I'm going to keep the running and weight lifting going. I haven't decided what kind of races I'll do or when. I'm just going to go with the flow. I'm sure before long I'll be itching to sign up for something. I wouldn't getting even faster too...

Here's to a healthy and happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment